Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Looking For Others For Networking...

I have gone on several people's profiles and blogs by clicking on my own interests and have left comments introducing myself. Only one kind stranger has responded. What is up with this Blogger?? It seems very dead around here!!

If you are interested in connecting, leave a comment and I can visit your blog as well. Blogging is great. I was told about this by a friend. I see in the instructions that you can promote your blogs by setting up a certain feed but I just cannot figure this darn thing out.

This is my last ditch effort. I will be posting this question in The Coffee Shop forum as well with a link to this blog. If I don't get any replies, I am going my account here. I have a MySpace account and a Yahoo 360 account and am doing very well there. I just thought that I could reach additional people through this.

I don't get it. Why are people blogging if they are not interested in meeting new peope. The one person who did reply, after I replied back, she still has yet to reply. That was a few weeks ago. The same goes for the girl I met through The Coffee Shop. From what I'm seeing so far, it seems Blogger is mainly not being used for networking but just for blogging, in which only the blogger's current friends go and read the blogs and leave comments. Well, since I already have the other two accounts elsewhere, they can just go there.

If you leave a comment, it's nice to meet you and I assure you, I will reply as soon as I see it. But I do not sign into this accoutn every day. It may be a few days. :)

Shelly

6 comments:

KerBear said...

Hi, I think people on here mainly blog with friends and family. I just got on here too though, so I could be wrong. It's good to meet you though.

natali said...

About promoting your blog: the only way I found so far is in your Setting - YES to 'Add your blog to our listings?' - and YES to 'Let search engines find your blog?'

Then I found this: http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/
I guess we could look at those to see what makes them popular.

Other than that, I don't think blogger was created/meant to be a networking place, so we really have to go and put our links everywhere else to have anybody looking at our blog.
Sure some people get to us thru search engines, so we have to be smart adding TAGS.

This is what Forbes has to say about the popular blog sites:
http://www.forbes.com/bow/b2c/category.jhtml?id=311

KerBear said...

Nice to meet you also! And Happy belated birthday to you. I just turned 26. I'm glad I have a friend on here now...lol.

kerri

Tammy said...

Hi, sorry it's taken me soooo long to respond back to you. I have been snubbed on blogger before, befriending people and then getting ignored, so I didn't respond to you when you first commented on my blog. So, today I was thinking, hey I should go check out that hippy chicks (lol) page and see what she's up to, and sure enough, you posted about networking, how funny is that?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm here to meet new people also. I'm not sure how the "blogging" works, but I needed an outlet and advice sometimes-so why not blog?

Nice to meet you.

punypundit said...

Aweseme blog!
Feel free to check out mine:
http://greenattackdog.blogspot.com/
and
http://thumbsupsmile.blogspot.com/
I would be happy to make some new friends on Blogger :)